The St. Mary’s University is providing the Presidential Scholarship award opportunity valued at $9,000 (CAD) each year to candidates who are willing to obtain a degree program at the university.
Saint Mary’s University was established in 1802 and is situated in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. The academic institution possesses a long tradition of academic distinction in teaching and research. Their campus is home to over 7,000 scholars from more than 115 nations. Saint Mary’s University is renowned for possessing one of the most internationalized student populations in Canada.
Saint Mary’s University repays academic distinction with more than $7.69 million devoted to student scholarship awards, fellowships, and bursaries yearly. There are a number of programs that compensate incoming candidates for their academic strength or assist those with financial hardship.
Saint Mary’s provides a number of Named Scholarship awards, Bursaries, and Grants. There are lots of scholarship awards that have been created with the backing of alumni, staff, community members, and businesses. These scholarship awards need aseparate application and some supporting documents. You can only apply for Named Entrance Awards after you are approved for admission. These scholarship awards include the Presidential and Santamarian scholarship awards.
The Named Entrance Awards all possess various eligibility conditions, like community participation, extracurricular undertakings, academic accomplishment, or financial need. Fill out the Named Entrance Awards Application to be given consideration for all of them.
Brief Description of the Presidential Scholarship at Saint Mary’s University in Canada
Scholarship Host: Saint Mary’s University
Scholarship Location: Canada
Worth of Scholarship: $9,000
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Country Eligibility: International
Application Deadline: March 1, 2021
Qualification for the Presidential Scholarship at Saint Mary’s University
To be qualified for the Presidential Scholarship at Saint Mary’s University, applicants must;
- be local and international high school candidates with an admission average of 95% or more or an IB result of 36+
- submit proof of English language ability: TOEFL, IELTS, or other admissible evidence. Please check the English Language Criteria section for additional information.
- Have good academic records
- Be seeking an undergraduate degree program at Saint Mary’s University.
- Have to be admitted to Saint Mary’s University by March 1.
Worth of The Presidential Scholarship at Saint Mary’s University
Local and international high school applicants with an admission average of 95% or greater, or an IB result of 36+, should put in for the following:
- The Presidential Scholarship award and the Presidential International Baccalaureate Scholarship award are valued at $9,000 (CAD) each year and are renewable across four years for a total of $36,000 (CAD).
- The Santamaria scholarship award is valued at $5,000 (CAD) per year and is renewable across four years for a total of $20,000 (CAD).
Method of Application
- Fill out Parts 1 & 3 of the Named Entrance Awards Application.
- Submit a 750-word essay focused on your community participation, contribution to school life and aspirations for the future.
- Submit a resume which comprises details on participation in community service, involvement in student government, athletic accomplishment, extracurricular undertakings, and volunteer and /or paid work.
- Submit a recommendation letter from secondary/high school Principal, Guidance Counsellor or Teacher
- In your initial year, a grade point average of 3.67 in at least 24 credit hours between September and April is needed for renewal of the Presidential scholarship award.
- In your second and third year, a grade point average (GPA) of 3.67 in 30 credit hours is needed between May and April for renewal.
Questions about becoming a Saint Mary’s scholar and putting in for entrance awards can be forwarded to the Recruitment Office by getting in touch with [email protected].
Questions about the Named Entrance Awards application or supporting credentials have to be forwarded directly to the Admissions Office by getting in touch with [email protected].
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for more information